Re: serverlist: Gnome vs Windows

  • Tom Link
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2010
      > Log in as other than root, and you'll see gvim for Linux set itself up
      > as a server too (if, of course, it is compiled with +clientserver).

      I didn't mean that it doesn't set itself up as a server but that on
      windows the server is registered rigth from the start (i.e. before
      sourcing vimrc & any plugins) so that serverlist() contains the
      current instance, while on linux + gnome the server is registered at
      GuiEnter/VimEnter or whenever, i.e. after vimrc & all the plugins got
      loaded. At least that is my impression given my current setup. This
      difference in behaviour is a problem when you want to check whether
      the current instance is the first one.

      Regards,
      Tom