Re: your mail

  • mobi phil
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2010
      Interested in what?

      in writing new vi, but a vi that is not only 1 person project but really community project.

      You haven't proposed any concrete actions or steps.
      concrete stepso and actions were proposed. But myself I would not invest too much time, unless there is audience and interest. If the spiral works then things come from self.

      so concrete steps was proposed in my previous email. Define interfaces. See if everybody thinks the same etc. etc.

      Asking people to rewrite Vim - admittedly a concrete step - without
      giving a good reason is not something feasible.
      Good reason was also mentioned. Make the code 100 times more flexible maintainable, add regression tests etc. etc.

      Especially given the
      fact that you have absolutely no guarantee that you would end up with
      code that would be better in any aspect than the one you have now.
      Sorry.

      The core is not necessarily big. Indeed it is not 1 man project. But at least 10 peoples contribution would make it for sure.

      --
      rgrds,
      mobi phil

      being mobile, but including technology