[patch] update info in ":help spell-mkspell" about OpenOffice dictionaries

  • Dominique PellĂ©
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2010
      Hi

      ":help spell-mkspell" says:

      You can create a Vim spell file from the .aff and .dic files that Myspell
      uses. Myspell is used by OpenOffice.org and Mozilla. You should be able to
      find them here:
      http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries

      This link actually points to the old OpenOffice-2.x dictionaries.
      OpenOffice-3.x dictionaries uses a different format (.oxt files)
      but I just found out that it's possible to also convert them to
      Vim dictionaries. The .oxt files are just zip files which contain,
      among other things, the .dic and .aff files.

      The link to OpenOffice-3.x contains more dictionaries than
      the link to OpenOffice-2.x dictionaries.

      So how about updating ":help spell-mkpell" as in attached
      patch, with the more recent link to OpenOffice-3.x dictionaries?

      Cheers
      -- Dominique

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2010
        Dominique Pelle wrote:

        > ":help spell-mkspell" says:

        > You can create a Vim spell file from the .aff and .dic files that Myspell
        > uses. Myspell is used by OpenOffice.org and Mozilla. You should be able to
        > find them here:
        > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries
        >
        > This link actually points to the old OpenOffice-2.x dictionaries.
        > OpenOffice-3.x dictionaries uses a different format (.oxt files)
        > but I just found out that it's possible to also convert them to
        > Vim dictionaries. The .oxt files are just zip files which contain,
        > among other things, the .dic and .aff files.
        >
        > The link to OpenOffice-3.x contains more dictionaries than
        > the link to OpenOffice-2.x dictionaries.
        >
        > So how about updating ":help spell-mkpell" as in attached
        > patch, with the more recent link to OpenOffice-3.x dictionaries?

        Thanks, I'll include this.

        --
        "I've been teaching myself to play the piano for about 5 years and now write
        most of my songs on it, mainly because I can never find any paper."