Re: Typo in the regex doc (can mislead users)

  • Romain Chossart
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5 3:06 AM
      Sorry, my bad, I made too quick conclusions from the fact that the two
      different examples for the same pattern ("a", "ap", "aap" and "a",
      "ap", "app").

      We could make the sentence more descriptive, as Lench said, but I
      would also explain :
      ``With that example, the only possibility to match more than one
      character is with "ap", "app", ...``. It would help understanding the
      operator imho, because when we test the example ourselves, "aa" is
      highlited in "aap" (when hlsearch is on)... but it is in fact two
      matches !

      @Tony: Ok, thanks for the patching convention

      Best,
      Romain