vim7 high CPU after disconnect on AIX

  • TD
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2010
      Hi all, we’ve been experiencing an issue on AIX6.1 with vim7.1 and now
      vim7.2. When vim is started and then put in background (Ctrl-Z) and
      the putty session is disconnected the vim process is not cleaned up
      and begins using high CPU once disconnected. We installed using rpm's
      (vim-common-7.2.356-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm, vim-
      enhanced-7.2.356-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm) from http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.Vim.
      I've had external confirmation that this occurs on Fedora 12 and other
      levels of AIX.

      TIA,
      TD