Re: Patch 7.2.356

  • Chris Sutcliffe
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2010
      > Thinking maybe something in my config was compensating for something,
      > I tried again:
      >
      > gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE
      > :set rtp-=$HOME/vimfiles
      > :set rtp-=$HOME/vimfiles/after
      > :filetype plugin indent on
      > :syntax on
      > :e test.c
      > :set fdm=syntax
      >
      > I then open a fold for a function, edit the function, and :w.
      >
      > The fold continues to stay open.
      >
      > Maybe there's something in YOUR config causing the issue? Can you
      > reproduce with none of your customizations, as I have tried?

      It is indeed an issue in my config, in particular this line:

      au BufWritePost * nested filetype detect

      Which I use to re-read the ctags file so that Omni-complete has the
      latest information after a file is written. This worked without issue
      prior to this patch. Is there an alternate implementation I could use
      that would play nicely with this new implementation?

      Thank you,

      Chris

      --
      Chris Sutcliffe
      http://emergedesktop.org

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2010
        The original problem may have been solved, but take a look at this
        current vim_use thread. A new one seems to have popped up:

        http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_thread/thread/9f4c69b6693e8838

      • Chris Sutcliffe
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 5, 2010
          > The original problem may have been solved, but take a look at this
          > current vim_use thread. A new one seems to have popped up:
          >
          > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_thread/thread/9f4c69b6693e8838

          Additionally, now doing a refresh with Ctrl-L also causes all the
          folds to collapse (which didn't happen before).

          Chris

          --
          Chris Sutcliffe
          http://emergedesktop.org