Re: guidecolumn/margincolumn patch

  • Gregor Uhlenheuer
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2010
      Hi all,
      I finally found the mistake in the patch sent yesterday - so now it
      works pretty nice (at least here on my machine). You are now free to
      give it a try.

      BTW, I am new to mercurial - is there an easy way to convert the hg
      diff into the vim desired 'diff -c' format? I had some trouble to do that.

      Best regards,
      Gregor
    • Dominique PellĂ©
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2010
        Gregor Uhlenheuer wrote:

        > BTW, I am new to mercurial - is there an easy way to convert the hg
        > diff into the vim desired 'diff -c' format? I had some trouble to do that.

        I don't know of a simple way to obtain the "diff -c" format.

        However, I don't think there is any problem with submitting patches
        in "hg diff" format. I've been doing that and I see that I'm not alone
        doing that in the vim_dev mailing list.

        Regards
        -- Dominique

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2010
          Dominique Pelle worte:

          > Gregor Uhlenheuer wrote:
          >
          > > BTW, I am new to mercurial - is there an easy way to convert the hg
          > > diff into the vim desired 'diff -c' format? I had some trouble to do that.
          >
          > I don't know of a simple way to obtain the "diff -c" format.
          >
          > However, I don't think there is any problem with submitting patches
          > in "hg diff" format. I've been doing that and I see that I'm not alone
          > doing that in the vim_dev mailing list.

          I'm fine with any kind of diff format. There are still a very small
          number of systems that can only handle the old style format, thus I'm
          using that for sending out patches.

          196. Your computer costs more than your car.