Re: screen does not scrolling when moving cursor in function

  • winterTTr
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2010
      On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      Hi winterTTr!

      On Fr, 08 Jan 2010, winterTTr wrote:

      > I am not very sure whether this is a bug of screen update.
      > OR some kind of rule for the vim, sorry i can't find this kind of rule
      > mentioned in the help doc.
      >
      > It happens when i do some kind of moving cursor action in a vim function
      > which is used to
      > move the cursor position (out of screen) in another vim window.

      I think, this happens, because vim postpones redraws, until the function
      is completed (I can't find it in the help right now).

      It should help to explicitly call :redraw or even redraw!

      Well, i add the "redraw" after call the cursor() function, which make the vim to redraw window explicitly.
      Anyway, it does work in this script.  Thanks for your help.

      I agree that maybe the vim postpones the redraw action until the function is completed.
      However, in my opinion, even though I focus to another window after moving the cursor,
      the redraw action should also be executed in the un-focus window, as well as the focus one.

      regards,
      Christian