Re: 2010 new features

  • epanda
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
      On 5 jan, 14:21, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@...> wrote:
      > Hi epanda!
      >
      > On Mo, 04 Jan 2010, epanda wrote:
      >

      > > Gvim more  on Windows OS
      > […]
      > > 4. Just for Effect, implements transparency on buffer we are editing
      > > in order to let user see document below GVim

      > regards,
      > Christian

      I have already tried this dll. But I would like to set transparency
      only on buffer

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 6, 2010
        Hi epanda!

        On Di, 05 Jan 2010, epanda wrote:

        > I have already tried this dll. But I would like to set transparency
        > only on buffer

        Do you mean when entering certain buffers switching on/off transparency?
        You can achieve this using auto-commands.

        Or do you mean on a per window basis? (Certain windows transparent while
        others are not?) I doubt that is possible. Is this even possible with
        any other application?

        regards,
        Christian
        52. You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of
        your computer with a toilet.
      • epanda
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 6, 2010
          On 6 jan, 16:20, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@...> wrote:
          > Hi epanda!
          >
          > On Di, 05 Jan 2010, epanda wrote:
          >
          > > I have already tried this dll. But I would like to set transparency
          > > only on buffer
          >
          > Do you mean when entering certain buffers switching on/off transparency?
          > You can achieve this using auto-commands.
          >
          > Or do you mean on a per window basis? (Certain windows transparent while
          > others are not?) I doubt that is possible. Is this even possible with
          > any other application?
          >
          > regards,
          > Christian
          > --
          > 52. You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of
          >     your computer with a toilet.

          Transparency is a gadget, but I meant that text area content
          background should be set to an alpha value. Not all the window with
          vimtweak.

          No, the good feature I am working on is to have 2 toolbars.
          First static with builtin icons
          Second dynamic and which slide horizontally to display all icon added
          dynamically.

          I should let you view my icons toolbar if you learn me how to post
          html link of image here.

          I think to be attractive, GVim need a lifting

          Thanks
        • Tony Mechelynck
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 11, 2010
            On 06/01/10 19:49, epanda wrote:
            [...]
            > I think to be attractive, GVim need a lifting
            >
            > Thanks

            I am wary of liftings. Ever noticed those old former stars (or wannabes)
            whose facial skin is drawn so taut that they don't dare laugh anymore,
            or even smile frankly, for fear of bursting into wrinkles all over?

            Vim has the wrinkles of an age that brings wisdom, and it can afford to
            play with children or discuss philosophy with teen-agers without yet
            sinking into second childhood. ;-)

            One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least
            somebody's listening.
            -- Franklin P. Jones

          • Tux
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 11, 2010
              Maybe it /would/ make GVim more "attractive" if it had, let's say, a
              more "modern" toolbar. But I actually doubt that GVim would gain more
              attraction then; after all, there's still Vim working in it. Not made
              for everyone. ;-)
              People who love eye-candy will probably never touch GVim anyway.

            • Tom Link
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 12, 2010
                > Maybe it /would/ make GVim more "attractive" if it had, let's say, a
                > more "modern" toolbar.

                Maybe MS Office like ribbons would help to improve vim's popularity.
                I've been told that a future version of OpenOffice will have similar
                gui elements. Hence, they have to be useful.

              • Matt Wozniski
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 12, 2010
                  On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 6:19 AM, Tom Link <micathom@...> wrote:
                  >> Maybe it /would/ make GVim more "attractive" if it had, let's say, a
                  >> more "modern" toolbar.
                  >
                  > Maybe MS Office like ribbons would help to improve vim's popularity.
                  > I've been told that a future version of OpenOffice will have similar
                  > gui elements. Hence, they have to be useful.

                  That's true, OpenOffice is a paragon of usability!

                  ~Matt

                • Tux
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 12, 2010
                    Tom Link schrob am 12.03.2010 12:19:
                    > Maybe MS Office like ribbons would help to improve vim's popularity.

                    *shiver*