Re: 2010 new features

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
      Hi epanda!

      On Mo, 04 Jan 2010, epanda wrote:

      > Gvim more on Windows OS
      […]
      > 4. Just for Effect, implements transparency on buffer we are editing
      > in order to let user see document below GVim

      regards,
      Christian

    • epanda
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
        On 5 jan, 14:21, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@...> wrote:
        > Hi epanda!
        >
        > On Mo, 04 Jan 2010, epanda wrote:
        >

        > > Gvim more  on Windows OS
        > […]
        > > 4. Just for Effect, implements transparency on buffer we are editing
        > > in order to let user see document below GVim

        > regards,
        > Christian

        I have already tried this dll. But I would like to set transparency
        only on buffer

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 6, 2010
          Hi epanda!

          On Di, 05 Jan 2010, epanda wrote:

          > I have already tried this dll. But I would like to set transparency
          > only on buffer

          Do you mean when entering certain buffers switching on/off transparency?
          You can achieve this using auto-commands.

          Or do you mean on a per window basis? (Certain windows transparent while
          others are not?) I doubt that is possible. Is this even possible with
          any other application?

          regards,
          Christian
          52. You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of
          your computer with a toilet.
        • epanda
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 6, 2010
            On 6 jan, 16:20, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@...> wrote:
            > Hi epanda!
            >
            > On Di, 05 Jan 2010, epanda wrote:
            >
            > > I have already tried this dll. But I would like to set transparency
            > > only on buffer
            >
            > Do you mean when entering certain buffers switching on/off transparency?
            > You can achieve this using auto-commands.
            >
            > Or do you mean on a per window basis? (Certain windows transparent while
            > others are not?) I doubt that is possible. Is this even possible with
            > any other application?
            >
            > regards,
            > Christian
            > --
            > 52. You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of
            >     your computer with a toilet.

            Transparency is a gadget, but I meant that text area content
            background should be set to an alpha value. Not all the window with
            vimtweak.

            No, the good feature I am working on is to have 2 toolbars.
            First static with builtin icons
            Second dynamic and which slide horizontally to display all icon added
            dynamically.

            I should let you view my icons toolbar if you learn me how to post
            html link of image here.

            I think to be attractive, GVim need a lifting

            Thanks
          • Tony Mechelynck
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 11, 2010
              On 06/01/10 19:49, epanda wrote:
              [...]
              > I think to be attractive, GVim need a lifting
              >
              > Thanks

              I am wary of liftings. Ever noticed those old former stars (or wannabes)
              whose facial skin is drawn so taut that they don't dare laugh anymore,
              or even smile frankly, for fear of bursting into wrinkles all over?

              Vim has the wrinkles of an age that brings wisdom, and it can afford to
              play with children or discuss philosophy with teen-agers without yet
              sinking into second childhood. ;-)

              One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least
              somebody's listening.
              -- Franklin P. Jones

            • Tux
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 11, 2010
                Maybe it /would/ make GVim more "attractive" if it had, let's say, a
                more "modern" toolbar. But I actually doubt that GVim would gain more
                attraction then; after all, there's still Vim working in it. Not made
                for everyone. ;-)
                People who love eye-candy will probably never touch GVim anyway.

              • Tom Link
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 12, 2010
                  > Maybe it /would/ make GVim more "attractive" if it had, let's say, a
                  > more "modern" toolbar.

                  Maybe MS Office like ribbons would help to improve vim's popularity.
                  I've been told that a future version of OpenOffice will have similar
                  gui elements. Hence, they have to be useful.

                • Matt Wozniski
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 12, 2010
                    On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 6:19 AM, Tom Link <micathom@...> wrote:
                    >> Maybe it /would/ make GVim more "attractive" if it had, let's say, a
                    >> more "modern" toolbar.
                    >
                    > Maybe MS Office like ribbons would help to improve vim's popularity.
                    > I've been told that a future version of OpenOffice will have similar
                    > gui elements. Hence, they have to be useful.

                    That's true, OpenOffice is a paragon of usability!

                    ~Matt

                  • Tux
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 12, 2010
                      Tom Link schrob am 12.03.2010 12:19:
                      > Maybe MS Office like ribbons would help to improve vim's popularity.

                      *shiver*