new features for 2010

  • epanda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010
      Hi,

      I don't know if I can on this forum but I think it will be good to add
      some features to Gvim on this new year in order to tempt people to use
      Gvim more on Windows OS

      1/ new icons'toolbar

      1.a With better icons to store and retrieve data on usb key
      (detecting usb label of user)

      2/ make 2 toolbars,
      2.a first one static like the one which is used actually, this
      should cover essentials icons until help
      2.b second toolbar that can slide horizontaly if number of
      dynamic added icons make them out of total toolbar width

      3/ Enable to move tab position visually by drag and drop like on
      google chrome or others webnavigator in order to let user organize tab
      themes

      4/ Just for Effect, implements transparency on buffer we are editing
      in order to let user see document below GVim

      I have tried to contact the people who have worked on windows toolbar
      without any success.
      I am trying to make the second point real actually.

      Thank you for your work on Gvim and wish you an happy new year.

      NB : sorry for my bad english I am fench