Re: vim homepage: Obsolete reference to http://vi-improved.com/wiki

  • James Vega
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
      On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 09:12:48AM -0800, Tom Link wrote:
      > > It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>
      >
      > This isn't the wiki though it once referred to. It seems to be rather
      > related to the #vim IRC channel, isn't it?

      It's the same site, but the wiki was taken down because it was being
      bombarded by spam and it didn't make sense to compete with the (at the
      time) newly created Official Vim wiki at vim.wikia.com.

      --
      James
    • John Beckett
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
        Tom Link wrote:
        >> It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>
        >
        > This isn't the wiki though it once referred to. It seems to
        > be rather related to the #vim IRC channel, isn't it?

        Thanks for alerting me because there were two usages of .com on
        the wiki (vim.wikia.com) which I have just fixed.

        Robert Melton (Metacosm) runs the #vim IRC channel on Freenode
        and the vi-improved.org site. In February 2008 he transferred 35
        pages from his site to the Vim Tips wiki. Anyone interested can
        see the list here:
        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Vim_Tips_Wiki:New_tips/200802

        The .com site must have worked at that time because I checked
        all the links (and two of them used .com, while several others
        used .org; I possibly never noticed that point).

        http://vi-improved.org/ is now for #vim, although Metacosm still
        has several pages of general Vim info, with links to the Vim
        Tips wiki (the tips listed at the 200802 URL above).

        John