Re: vim homepage: Obsolete reference to http://vi-improved.com/wiki

  • Tom Link
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
      > It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>

      This isn't the wiki though it once referred to. It seems to be rather
      related to the #vim IRC channel, isn't it?

    • James Vega
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
        On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 09:12:48AM -0800, Tom Link wrote:
        > > It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>
        >
        > This isn't the wiki though it once referred to. It seems to be rather
        > related to the #vim IRC channel, isn't it?

        It's the same site, but the wiki was taken down because it was being
        bombarded by spam and it didn't make sense to compete with the (at the
        time) newly created Official Vim wiki at vim.wikia.com.

        --
        James
      • John Beckett
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
          Tom Link wrote:
          >> It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>
          >
          > This isn't the wiki though it once referred to. It seems to
          > be rather related to the #vim IRC channel, isn't it?

          Thanks for alerting me because there were two usages of .com on
          the wiki (vim.wikia.com) which I have just fixed.

          Robert Melton (Metacosm) runs the #vim IRC channel on Freenode
          and the vi-improved.org site. In February 2008 he transferred 35
          pages from his site to the Vim Tips wiki. Anyone interested can
          see the list here:
          http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Vim_Tips_Wiki:New_tips/200802

          The .com site must have worked at that time because I checked
          all the links (and two of them used .com, while several others
          used .org; I possibly never noticed that point).

          http://vi-improved.org/ is now for #vim, although Metacosm still
          has several pages of general Vim info, with links to the Vim
          Tips wiki (the tips listed at the 200802 URL above).

          John