Re: vim homepage: Obsolete reference to http://vi-improved.com/wiki

  • James Vega
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010

      It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>.

      --
      James
    • Tom Link
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
        > It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>

        This isn't the wiki though it once referred to. It seems to be rather
        related to the #vim IRC channel, isn't it?

      • James Vega
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
          On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 09:12:48AM -0800, Tom Link wrote:
          > > It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>
          >
          > This isn't the wiki though it once referred to. It seems to be rather
          > related to the #vim IRC channel, isn't it?

          It's the same site, but the wiki was taken down because it was being
          bombarded by spam and it didn't make sense to compete with the (at the
          time) newly created Official Vim wiki at vim.wikia.com.

          --
          James
        • John Beckett
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
            Tom Link wrote:
            >> It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>
            >
            > This isn't the wiki though it once referred to. It seems to
            > be rather related to the #vim IRC channel, isn't it?

            Thanks for alerting me because there were two usages of .com on
            the wiki (vim.wikia.com) which I have just fixed.

            Robert Melton (Metacosm) runs the #vim IRC channel on Freenode
            and the vi-improved.org site. In February 2008 he transferred 35
            pages from his site to the Vim Tips wiki. Anyone interested can
            see the list here:
            http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Vim_Tips_Wiki:New_tips/200802

            The .com site must have worked at that time because I checked
            all the links (and two of them used .com, while several others
            used .org; I possibly never noticed that point).

            http://vi-improved.org/ is now for #vim, although Metacosm still
            has several pages of general Vim info, with links to the Vim
            Tips wiki (the tips listed at the 200802 URL above).

            John