vim homepage: Obsolete reference to http://vi-improved.com/wiki

  • Tom Link
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
      On the vim homepage/community, there is a link to http://vi-improved.com/wiki

      The domain seems no longer to be active and is now redirected to a
      GoDaddy page.

      Regards,
      Tom

    • James Vega
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010

        It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>.

        --
        James
      • Tom Link
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
          > It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>

          This isn't the wiki though it once referred to. It seems to be rather
          related to the #vim IRC channel, isn't it?

        • James Vega
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
            On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 09:12:48AM -0800, Tom Link wrote:
            > > It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>
            >
            > This isn't the wiki though it once referred to. It seems to be rather
            > related to the #vim IRC channel, isn't it?

            It's the same site, but the wiki was taken down because it was being
            bombarded by spam and it didn't make sense to compete with the (at the
            time) newly created Official Vim wiki at vim.wikia.com.

            --
            James
          • John Beckett
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
              Tom Link wrote:
              >> It should be <http://vi-improved.org/>
              >
              > This isn't the wiki though it once referred to. It seems to
              > be rather related to the #vim IRC channel, isn't it?

              Thanks for alerting me because there were two usages of .com on
              the wiki (vim.wikia.com) which I have just fixed.

              Robert Melton (Metacosm) runs the #vim IRC channel on Freenode
              and the vi-improved.org site. In February 2008 he transferred 35
              pages from his site to the Vim Tips wiki. Anyone interested can
              see the list here:
              http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Vim_Tips_Wiki:New_tips/200802

              The .com site must have worked at that time because I checked
              all the links (and two of them used .com, while several others
              used .org; I possibly never noticed that point).

              http://vi-improved.org/ is now for #vim, although Metacosm still
              has several pages of general Vim info, with links to the Vim
              Tips wiki (the tips listed at the 200802 URL above).

              John