Re: vim syntax file patch

  • Cornelius
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2009
      Thanks.

      I got the version info from my $vimruntime/syntax/vim.vim

      seems my version is older.

      On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:50 AM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:

      On Dec 29, 12:17 pm, Cornelius <cornelius.h...@...> wrote:
      > On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Charles Campbell <
      >
      > Charles.E.Campb...@...> wrote:
      > > Try using vim 7.2-95, available at my website since Nov 18  --  I didn't
      > > see any problem with its folding with the example you gave above.
      >
      > Hi , I am using
      >
      > % vim --version
      > VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Dec 21 2009 10:39:32)
      > MacOS X (unix) version
      > Included patches: 1-315
      >
      > i think it's 7.2-315
      >
      > but it doesnt fold for this:
      >
      > fun! g:Test()
      >
      > endf
      >
      > or:
      >
      > fun! g:test_foo()
      >
      > endf

      I do NOT see this problem, using the 7.2-93 version of the Vim *syntax
      script*. I found this version info by looking at the header comment of
      $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/vim.vim.

      When I paste your code into a new Vim session and :set ft=vim, both
      function snippets shown above fold as expected, although the
      g:test_foo is highlighted as a VimFunctionError.

      My Vim version is 7.2.320, running on Windows.

      Best Regards.

      Cornelius ( Yo-An Lin )
      E-mail: cornelius.howl@...
      http://c9s.blogspot.com/