Re: Vim VCS repo

  • Dennis Benzinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2009
      Hi JD!

      -------- Original-Nachricht --------
      > Datum: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 00:16:28 -0800 (PST)
      > Von: JD <jdhore1@...>
      > An: vim_dev <vim_dev@...>
      > Betreff: Vim VCS repo

      > Hey all,
      >
      > I was wondering if there was some sort of known/decent VCS repo
      > (Preferably hg or git, SVN if the first two aren't doable and...I
      > can't use CVS) for Vim that's pretty up-to-date as far as patches and
      > such. The only thing i need to qualify this with is that i know about
      > the vim_extended repo at repo.or.cz, but it's branch system seems a
      > bit odd.
      > [...]

      If you need only the official patches you can use vim_mainline at repo.or.cz
      Just do: git clone git://repo.or.cz/vim_mainline.git

      HTH,
      Dennis Benzinger

    • sc
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2009
        On Thursday 26 November 2009 02:16:28 am JD wrote:

        > I was wondering if there was some sort of known/decent VCS
        > repo (Preferably hg or git, SVN if the first two aren't
        > doable and...I can't use CVS) for Vim that's pretty
        > up-to-date as far as patches and such. The only thing i need
        > to qualify this with is that i know about the vim_extended
        > repo at repo.or.cz, but it's branch system seems a bit odd.

        odd schmod

        +1 markus' git repo

        of course i can't claim to be objective -- i am a fan of his
        relatiive number patch -- but if i can figure it out and use it,
        so can you

        sc