Re: %! item in 'statusline' option causes an error.

  • Yukihiro Nakadaira
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
      Dominique Pellé wrote:
      > I can reproduce the crash too with the redraw! inside the
      > MyStatusLine() function as you describe.
      >
      > The attached patch fixes it for me but please verify it and review it.
      > Patch prevents recursive call of redraw_custum_statusline().

      Thank you. I cannot see error with your patch.

      Although this is minor problem, I got double statusline like the
      following.

      |~ |
      |~ |
      |[No Name] ... |
      |[No Name] ... |
      +-------------------------+

      After CTRL-L, statusline is displayed normally.

    • Yukihiro Nakadaira
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
        > set statusline=%!MyStatusLine()
        > set laststatus=2
        > function MyStatusLine()
        > return ""
        > endfunction

        Actually this script cannot reproduce an error. More lines are
        required.

        set statusline=%!MyStatusLine()
        set laststatus=2
        function MyStatusLine()
        return ""
        endfunction

        " count up breakcheck_count of misc1.c
        call substitute('x', 'x', 'x', '')
        call substitute('x', 'x', 'x', '')
        call substitute('x', 'x', 'x', '')
        ... depends on compiler flag or locale or something.

        And when this line is executed
        main.c:main_loop()
        1147 showruler(FALSE);
        breakcheck_count must be "breakcheck_count >= BREAKCHECK_SKIP - 1".

        And run vim many times.

        for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10; do
        ./vim -u NONE -S vimrc.vim -g
        done