Re: Bokmål translations

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
      On 01/11/09 13:59, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      [...]
      > I don't know the details of the Norwegian language names. I think there
      > should remain a no.po file for backwards compatibility. But let's ask
      > the author: Øyvind A. Holm

      See for instance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_language
      (including the "Language codes" in the right sidebar).

      If a President doesn't do it to his wife, he'll do it to his country.

    • Adi Roiban
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2009
        On 1 nov., 20:34, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
        wrote:
        > On 01/11/09 13:59, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > [...]
        >
        > > I don't know the details of the Norwegian language names.  I think there
        > > should remain a no.po file for backwards compatibility.  But let's ask
        > > the author: Øyvind A. Holm
        >
        > See for instancehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_language
        > (including the "Language codes" in the right sidebar).
        I think a better article would be
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_language_struggle

        The idea is that now we have 2 officially recognized variants for
        Norwegian.

        The old NO is now NB, and there is a new langauge code NN.

        For compatibility we can have NO as a symlink to NB.

        Cheers,
        Adi