Re: Bokmål translations

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
      Adi Roiban wrote:

      > I would like to let you know about a bug reported in Ubuntu by Arne
      > Goetje
      >
      > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations/+bug/409765
      >
      > I would like to know what you think about it, and if you accept or
      > reject it.
      >
      > For point 2. maybe you don't want to remove non-utf8 encoded files.
      > Please consider this a bug report only for point 1.
      > I will open another theread for discussing point 2.
      >
      > I will also include the relevant text here:
      >
      > -----
      > When scanning the import queue in Launchpad Rosetta for issues that
      > need manual intervention, I found the following issues with the vim
      > package, which prevents a smooth import into Launchpad Rosetta and
      > causes the Ubuntu Translation Coordinators to manually adjust or
      > remove .po files.
      >
      > 1. the no language code is obsolete and has been split into nb and
      > nn. The no.po file in the vim package is actually Bokmål, so the file
      > should be renamed to nb.po in order to get imported into Rosetta
      > automatically.

      Vim works on many systems, thus we must shure changes don't break it for
      HPUX, SunOS, etc.

      I don't know the details of the Norwegian language names. I think there
      should remain a no.po file for backwards compatibility. But let's ask
      the author: Øyvind A. Holm

      --
      An indication you must be a manager:
      You feel sorry for Dilbert's boss.

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
        On 01/11/09 13:59, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        [...]
        > I don't know the details of the Norwegian language names. I think there
        > should remain a no.po file for backwards compatibility. But let's ask
        > the author: Øyvind A. Holm

        See for instance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_language
        (including the "Language codes" in the right sidebar).

        If a President doesn't do it to his wife, he'll do it to his country.

      • Adi Roiban
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2009
          On 1 nov., 20:34, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
          wrote:
          > On 01/11/09 13:59, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > [...]
          >
          > > I don't know the details of the Norwegian language names.  I think there
          > > should remain a no.po file for backwards compatibility.  But let's ask
          > > the author: Øyvind A. Holm
          >
          > See for instancehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_language
          > (including the "Language codes" in the right sidebar).
          I think a better article would be
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_language_struggle

          The idea is that now we have 2 officially recognized variants for
          Norwegian.

          The old NO is now NB, and there is a new langauge code NN.

          For compatibility we can have NO as a symlink to NB.

          Cheers,
          Adi