Re: Folded line highlighting based on level and/or syntax

  • Noel Henson
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
      On Thursday 01 October 2009, Jaguar wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm wishing for the same functionality, for almost the same use case.
      >
      > At first I thought the highlighting should be based simply on the
      > normal highlighting for the line. But then I thought the 'foldtext'
      > option could be made as robust as the 'statusline' option. If the
      > 'foldtext' option could support options like statusline's options: {,
      > #, and *, then the folded line could be highlighted manually.
      >
      > Here's a link to the thread I started on the subject in April. It
      > also explains my use case:
      >
      > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/69e47e0780dd
      >3d30/566b7effc51293c0#566b7effc51293c0
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jaguar

      It looks like you're doing something very similar to what we are with Vim
      Outliner. You can look at my posts on 9/13 to see that patch for vim. It
      uses a simple method similar to foldexpr. It's called foldhighlight.

      Noel

      Noel Henson

    • Wu, Yue
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
        On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 02:11:28PM -0700, Noel Henson wrote:

        > It looks like you're doing something very similar to what we are with Vim
        > Outliner. You can look at my posts on 9/13 to see that patch for vim. It
        > uses a simple method similar to foldexpr. It's called foldhighlight.

        Sounds so many guys want this feature(I do too, with the exact same purpose).
        Don't know why vim can't at present, for hard to implement or other reasons?

        --
        Hi,
        Wu, Yue