Re: Bug:silent command make vim stay in silent mode and no further command can be seen

  • Andy Wokula
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2009
      Lech Lorens schrieb:
      > 2009/9/30 Andy Wokula <anwoku@...>:
      >> Bram Moolenaar schrieb:
      > [...]
      >>> But when the cursor is on the line with "silent" there is no error and
      >> ... because the :substitute succeeds (to explain it to myself and a few
      >> others).
      >>
      >>> the bug isn't trigerred.
      >> Which bug? Do you want to disallow this valid :subst-syntax?
      >
      > Instead of giving arguments against the fix you might want to try to
      > reproduce the problem. Like dr-dr xp explained, the problem is that
      > after the exception is thrown, whatever you type in the command line
      > is not displayed.

      I was just curious and took the risk of giving a dumb argument, hoping
      somebody like you will point me to the right direction ...

      Think I got it: The "bug" was introduced with a later patch (maybe the
      patch adding the :unsilent command) and I forgot that I can't reproduce
      it with my older version.

      --
      Andy