Re: NFO Formatting

  • Henrik Öhman
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2009
      On Sep 19, 9:27 am, David C <dcecc...@...> wrote:

      > I've discovered this problem with Vim in relation to NFO formatting.
      >
      > I won't post the whole contents of the bug here, because there were
      > attachments and tests.
      >
      > When followinghttp://vim.wikia.com/wiki/View_NFO-files_correctlyie
      > trying to open a *.nfo file with the cp437 encoding I come across these
      > problems regarding undefined variables:
      >
      > http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=189
      >
      > Note initially I thought it was a MacVim problem (and yes this isn't an
      > official distribution of Vim but, I then later discovered it occurs with
      > the Windows version too, but not on Ubuntu.
      >
      > - -David

      This explanation applies to Windows.

      You have two autocmds (one for *.nfo and one for *.NFO) which both
      (unnecessarily) try to unlet b:myfileencodings. This works on Ubuntu
      because file names are case sensitive on Linux. If you're seeing
      different behaviour on different versions of MacVim, that probably
      means they changed something in how case in file names is treated -
      this is just a guess, I don't really know.

      Also, this is a question for vim_use, as Björn suggested.

      Henrik.