help improvement:

  • Milan Vancura
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2009
      Hello,

      :help <Space> says that all 'l', '<space>' and '<right>' are equivalent. This
      is not true for vim (:set nocompatible) as the default value of 'whichwrap'
      option for vim ("b,s") makes difference between 'l', '<Right>' and '<Space>' at
      end of lines.

      Same for 'h', '<Left>' and '<BS>'.

      I suggest a simple additional sentence:

      Also check the 'whichwrap' option.

      Milan
      --
      Milan Vancura, Prague, Czech Republic, Europe

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2009
        Milan Vancura wrote:

        > :help <Space> says that all 'l', '<space>' and '<right>' are
        > equivalent. This is not true for vim (:set nocompatible) as the
        > default value of 'whichwrap' option for vim ("b,s") makes difference
        > between 'l', '<Right>' and '<Space>' at end of lines.
        >
        > Same for 'h', '<Left>' and '<BS>'.
        >
        > I suggest a simple additional sentence:
        >
        > Also check the 'whichwrap' option.

        This applies to several of the commands in this section. I'll move the
        text that is now at the end of the section to the start, that helps a
        bit.

        --
        If you're sending someone Styrofoam, what do you pack it in?