Best way to add a patch for color-coded folded folds

  • Noel Henson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6 11:48 AM
      What is the best approach for providing a method that allows for folded
      folds of different levels to be of different colors? We have a patch that
      works but I'm sure is not the best way to do it. It essentially replaces
      HLF-FL with FOLDLEVEL1 through FOLDLEVEL9.

      Another option is to provide a new function in vim similar to foldexpr and
      foldtext; perhaps foldcolor.

      Any help would be appreciated as we would like the patch to be properly
      done so that it has a chance of being included in the mainstream vim
      sources.

      Thanks,

      Noel

      Noel Henson

    • Noel Henson
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6 1:08 PM
        On Sunday 06 September 2009, Noel Henson wrote:
        > What is the best approach for providing a method that allows for folded
        > folds of different levels to be of different colors? We have a patch
        > that works but I'm sure is not the best way to do it. It essentially
        > replaces HLF-FL with FOLDLEVEL1 through FOLDLEVEL9.
        >
        > Another option is to provide a new function in vim similar to foldexpr
        > and foldtext; perhaps foldcolor.
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated as we would like the patch to be properly
        > done so that it has a chance of being included in the mainstream vim
        > sources.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Noel

        On some more thinking... The foldcolor function could return a string that
        could then be matched by the highlighting functions.

        Noel

        Noel Henson