Re: Issues with VIM in vista 64 bit

  • Dennis Benzinger
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2009
      Hi Steven!

      -------- Original-Nachricht --------
      > Datum: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 13:24:45 -0700 (PDT)
      > Von: Steven S <ssajous@...>
      > An: vim_dev <vim_dev@...>
      > Betreff: Issues with VIM in vista 64 bit

      > I install it and everything is fine. But unless I launch it as an
      > admin it takes almost a minute to load. I use the process monitor from
      > sysinternals to see what is going on, there are all sorts of files
      > being opened when I don't launch it as admin with a path to a network
      > drive that does not exist.
      >
      > I have uninstalled, cleaned the registry, reinstalled. Same problem. I
      > would run it as admin all the time but I have to click allow every
      > time I do and that is a major pain.
      > [...]

      Did you check your _vimrc and _gvimrc files? Do you have any plugins installed that could cause the access to the network drive?

      Regards,
      Dennis Benzinger

    • Henrik Öhman
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2009
        On Sep 1, 10:24 pm, Steven S <ssaj...@...> wrote:
        > I install it and everything is fine. But unless I launch it as an
        > admin it takes almost a minute to load. I use the process monitor from
        > sysinternals to see what is going on, there are all sorts of files
        > being opened when I don't launch it as admin with a path to a  network
        > drive that does not exist.
        >
        > I have uninstalled, cleaned the registry, reinstalled. Same problem. I
        > would run it as admin all the time but I have to click allow every
        > time I do and that is a major pain.

        I've seen similar problem when Vim tries to expand ~ on Vista. For
        instance, :e ~/_vimrc is extremely slow, whereas :e C:\Users\foo\home
        \_vimrc doesn't casue a delay. Maybe you have some command in your
        _vimrc which expands ~? If so, the two problems might be related.

        Henrik.