Re: Problem with CursorMoved events: x position isn't maintained

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2009
      On 29/07/09 10:19, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      [...]
      > The problem is caused by setting the 'lazyredraw' option, it causes the
      > cursor column to be computed. Even though that is not needed. It's
      > actually done for all boolean options. The comment says it's for when
      > the 'list' option is changed, which makes sense. Any other boolean
      > option that changes the cursor column on the screen?

      'ambiwidth' maybe? Ah no, that's a string option.

      Ah yes: 'rightleft', and also 'arabic' which sets it as a side-effect
      'arabicshape' when after composing characters or laam-alif pairs

      not sure about 'compatible', it has so many side effects

      'foldenable' maybe, and 'diff' if folding happens as a result (because
      when on a closed fold, the cursor is always shown in column 1)

      'wrap' and 'linebreak'

      you already mentioned 'list'

      'number'

      'scrollbind' maybe? No, I think it may move the text about relative to
      the window but not change on which character the cursor sits?

      not sure about 'termbidi'

      I may have missed a few.
      Q: How many DEC repairmen does it take to fix a flat ?
      A: Five; four to hold the car up and one to swap tires.