vim-gtk2.0 for Windows?

  • AndreasR
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hello,

      I very much like the version of vim for gtk2.0, because it looks a
      little better than the other versions of vim.
      So my question is, if it is possible to get vim-gtk2.0 for Windows?
      It should look something like this:
      http://www.opensky.ca/~jdhildeb/software/gnome-vim/gvim-gtk2.0.png

      (I don't mean the Win32s GUI version of vim which is available for
      Windows on vim.org)

      - Andreas

    • Tom Sorensen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2009
        On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 5:03 PM, AndreasR<andrearo@...> wrote:
        > It should look something like this:
        > http://www.opensky.ca/~jdhildeb/software/gnome-vim/gvim-gtk2.0.png

        It wouldn't look like that under Windows, since gtk uses the native
        widgits. So it would look an awful lot like gvim for Windows. But
        slower and using more memory, since you've added a translation layer.

        Tom