Re: Reason why dict_unref(-1) is called?

  • björn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2009
      2009/7/3 Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...>:

      > Bjorn Winckler wrote:
      >
      >> I received the following report of a crash inside Vim on the MacVim
      >> project page:
      >>
      >> http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=191
      >>
      >> From the stack trace it would seem dict_unref() is called with "-1" as
      >> argument as a result of garbage being collected (as far as I can
      >> tell).  It it is probably a bit far fetched to ask, but maybe somebody
      >> with a bit more insight into the garbage collecting routines will have
      >> an idea as to why this may be happening?
      >
      > There was a patch to the garbage collecor in 7.2.192.  Were the patches
      > up to that number included?

      It doesn't seem that way:

      :ver
      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Apr 13 2009 18:52:48)
      MacOS X (unix) version
      Included patches: 1-148

      From what I can tell it may be hard to reproduce this bug (I never
      managed myself) so it will be difficult to see if 7.2.192 fixes the
      problem but the next snapshot I build will include this patch. I'll
      report back if there are any further comments on this issue report
      after I've released the new snapshot.

      Björn