Re: Reason why dict_unref(-1) is called?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2009
      Bjorn Winckler wrote:

      > I received the following report of a crash inside Vim on the MacVim
      > project page:
      >
      > http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=191
      >
      > From the stack trace it would seem dict_unref() is called with "-1" as
      > argument as a result of garbage being collected (as far as I can
      > tell). It it is probably a bit far fetched to ask, but maybe somebody
      > with a bit more insight into the garbage collecting routines will have
      > an idea as to why this may be happening?

      There was a patch to the garbage collecor in 7.2.192. Were the patches
      up to that number included?

      --
      "I can't complain, but sometimes I still do." (Joe Walsh)

    • björn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2009
        2009/7/3 Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...>:

        > Bjorn Winckler wrote:
        >
        >> I received the following report of a crash inside Vim on the MacVim
        >> project page:
        >>
        >> http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=191
        >>
        >> From the stack trace it would seem dict_unref() is called with "-1" as
        >> argument as a result of garbage being collected (as far as I can
        >> tell).  It it is probably a bit far fetched to ask, but maybe somebody
        >> with a bit more insight into the garbage collecting routines will have
        >> an idea as to why this may be happening?
        >
        > There was a patch to the garbage collecor in 7.2.192.  Were the patches
        > up to that number included?

        It doesn't seem that way:

        :ver
        VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Apr 13 2009 18:52:48)
        MacOS X (unix) version
        Included patches: 1-148

        From what I can tell it may be hard to reproduce this bug (I never
        managed myself) so it will be difficult to see if 7.2.192 fixes the
        problem but the next snapshot I build will include this patch. I'll
        report back if there are any further comments on this issue report
        after I've released the new snapshot.

        Björn