Re: git question: fatal 'tags' not uptodate

  • Markus Heidelberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2009
      _sc_, 05.06.2009:

      > On Friday 05 June 2009 4:11 am, Markus Heidelberg wrote:
      >
      > > I didn't notice this myself, because I always do
      > > git checkout -- runtime/doc/tags
      > > in my update/build script.
      >
      > i have added it to mine, right before the merge of vim-with-runtime
      >
      > http://home.swbell.net/toothpik/.build/vim/u
      >
      > does it look more bulletproof now?

      Yes, it does. But in theoretical an update of runtime/doc/tags is not
      limited to the vim-runtime branch. I call it after "make install" in my
      script, because I want to have a clean worktree, but it really doesn't
      make a big difference. To be really proof I should additionally add it
      before the merges, though.

      > (don't let your browser cache
      > show you the old version)

      Hey, I'm not stupid ;)