Re: git question: fatal 'tags' not uptodate

  • _sc_
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2009
      On Friday 05 June 2009 4:11 am, Markus Heidelberg wrote:

      [snip]

      > OK, the merge of feat/rel-line-numbers went fine, the merge of
      > vim-with-runtime was refused because of conflicting local changes
      > (tags).

      [snip]

      > Ah, I understand. This was exactly the change of the last runtime
      > updates in this file. Patch 7.2.191 that was puplished one week ago,
      > before the runtime, added a new error E812 and changed if_mzsch.txt to
      > include this new tag, so the tags file was outdated and you changed it
      > during "make install".
      > I didn't notice this myself, because I always do
      > git checkout -- runtime/doc/tags
      > in my update/build script.

      i have added it to mine, right before the merge of vim-with-runtime

      http://home.swbell.net/toothpik/.build/vim/u

      does it look more bulletproof now? (don't let your browser cache
      show you the old version)

      sc

    • Markus Heidelberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2009
        _sc_, 05.06.2009:

        > On Friday 05 June 2009 4:11 am, Markus Heidelberg wrote:
        >
        > > I didn't notice this myself, because I always do
        > > git checkout -- runtime/doc/tags
        > > in my update/build script.
        >
        > i have added it to mine, right before the merge of vim-with-runtime
        >
        > http://home.swbell.net/toothpik/.build/vim/u
        >
        > does it look more bulletproof now?

        Yes, it does. But in theoretical an update of runtime/doc/tags is not
        limited to the vim-runtime branch. I call it after "make install" in my
        script, because I want to have a clean worktree, but it really doesn't
        make a big difference. To be really proof I should additionally add it
        before the merges, though.

        > (don't let your browser cache
        > show you the old version)

        Hey, I'm not stupid ;)