Re: Screen not redrawing in console Vim after "z="

  • Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2009
      Saluton Matt :)

      On Thu 28 May 2009 19:17 +0200, Matt Wozniski <m...@...> dixit:
      > 2009/5/28 Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado:
      >> I don't know if this is my fault, my terminal's fault or a Vim bug.
      >> It happens both in my distro's Vim and my self compiled Vim (which is
      >> newer). Latest version showing this problem is 7.2.184, tested under
      >> a terminal virtual and a Linux console.
      >
      > I can reproduce the problem in gvim (both GTK2 and lesstif),

      At first I assumed the problem was related to the terminal, so I didn't
      check gvim, specially because I don't use it and I haven't it compiled.

      > although in gvim the screen is redrawn automatically after a few
      > seconds... don't know why, didn't seem to be tied to the value of
      > 'updatetime' or 'timeoutlen'...

      Finally looks like it is the time that Vim leaves you to read a message,
      that's why it happens in gvim too. And yes, my Vim also redraws
      automatically after four seconds or so, but I didn't wait so long when I
      did the tests!

      Thanks for testing :)