Patch to enable drawing directly on screen from python

  • Marko Mahnič
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 12:27 PM
      Hello,

      I created this patch that creates a screen object in the python
      vim module (vim.screen) with the following members:
      .puts(row, col, attr, str, line=-1)
      .getHighlightAttr(name)
      .mousex
      .mousey

      This patch enabled me to create text menus and popup lists for both
      vim and gvim (vimuiex, script 2606). It's not perfect (a lot of
      redrawing, new event loop), but I find it very useful. Maybe
      somebody else will, too.

      Thank you for vim,
      Marko Mahnič