Re: Patch 7.2.189

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2009
      On 26/05/09 13:26, Babiker Osman wrote:

      > Pls
      >
      > My vim interface comes to be DEUTCH
      > How can i change it to english
      >

      > babiker
      [...]

      I recommend the following, which I found when my gvim 6.1 came with
      "menus en fran├žais". I still have it in my vimrc.

      Add the snippet below near the top of your vimrc, and certainly before
      any of the following if one or more of them is present:
      runtime vimrc_example.vim
      source $VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_example.vim
      filetype [plugin] [indent] on
      syntax on

      Here's the snippet to be added:

      if has('unix')
      language messages C
      else
      lenguage messages en
      endif

      It works with Unix-like (including Linux) and Dos-like (including
      Windows) operating systems. You may or may not have to tweak it if
      you're on a Mac (at most by adding, before the "else" clause, "elseif
      has('mac')" (without the double quotes) then the ":language" command
      appropriate for the Mac).

      See ":help :language"

      SHIFT TO THE LEFT! SHIFT TO THE RIGHT!
      POP UP, PUSH DOWN, BYTE, BYTE, BYTE!