Re: [ANN] vim patch to support python3 interface

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2009
      On 12/05/09 18:35, Roland Puntaier wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I have ported vim's python interface (if_python.c) to the python3 C-API.
      >
      > The changed files are:
      > - Makefile (for linux)
      > - Make_mvc.mak (for windows)
      > - if_python3.c is a new file for the python3 related sources. it is based
      > on if_python.c.
      >
      > All of them are in the ``src`` subdirectory.
      [...]

      Make_mvc.mak is not, and by far, the only makefile used by people who
      build Vim on Windows. If you want your port to become the "main" version
      some day, patches for the other makefiles should also be available. For
      instance, Steve Hall (who maintains the Vim builds, with and without
      Cream, but with Python et al., hosted with the Cream project) uses, I
      think, the Make_cyg.mak -- and I've seen now and again posts by Windows
      users building by means of the Make_ming.mak too. I've used the
      make_bc5.mak in the past, but the problems I had with it (when trying to
      use Unicode in Vim on Win98) made me switch to Make_cyg.mak even before
      moving up to XP and then to Linux-only; but my HowTo "for Windows" still
      includes settings for it.

      The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men
      of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.
      -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis