Re: merge farsi handling into arabic.c

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 46 , May 6 11:19 PM
      On 04/05/09 13:22, Ali Gholami Rudi wrote:
      > Ali Gholami Rudi<aliqrudi@...> wrote:
      >> are a few differences (like the consonants that don't exist in Arabic;
      >> i.e. [ch]air, [g]ene, [g]ate and [p]en). But they are mostly the same.
      >
      > s/[g]ene/mira[ge]/
      >
      > Regards,
      > Ali

      Do you mean mea[s]ure? My mother language is French. IIUC the djeem
      letter is pronounced differently in Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Morocco, as
      in the given name Djemel / Gamel / Jamal, but if you need to tell these
      sounds apart, different letters would of course be necessary.

      THE LESSER-KNOWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES #13: SLOBOL

      SLOBOL is best known for the speed, or lack of it, of its compiler.
      Although many compilers allow you to take a coffee break while they
      compile, SLOBOL compilers allow you to travel to Bolivia to pick the
      coffee. Forty-three programmers are known to have died of boredom
      sitting at their terminals while waiting for a SLOBOL program to
      compile. Weary SLOBOL programmers often turn to a related (but
      infinitely faster) language, COCAINE.

    • Ameretat Reith
      Message 46 of 46 , Oct 12, 2014
        On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 08:11:34 +0330
        Ali Gholami Rudi <ali.gholami.rudi@...> wrote:

        > I tested it and it is working wonderfully. The only issue is
        > ZWNJ (unicode 0x200c) and ZWJ (unicode 0x200d); I wonder if
        > the letters before and after these characters can be shaped
        > properly...

        For ZWNJ, I did a tiny modification telling `arabic_shape` in one of
        it's invocations, to separate letters based on previously entered ZWNJ
        character. ZWJ could be treated similarly but I doubt with current
        provided letters which are limited to Arabic and Farsi, there could be a
        use case for ZWJ.

        You can apply `zwnj.0.patch` on a recent vim tarball or `zwnj.1.patch`
        on top of your patch.