Re: merge farsi handling into arabic.c

    Message 1 of 46 , May 2, 2009
      Ali Gholami Rudi wrote:

      > Farsi is quite similar to arabic except for a few letters. This patch
      > merges farsi support into arabic.c. AFAICS, farsi.c and fkmap option
      > seem to be obsolete (unless someone is still using the pcf fonts).
      >
      > Also it might make sense to add a new farsi option, just like the arabic
      > option, that when set implies "set rl" and "set keymap=persian".

      I don't use these languages, thus I need to rely on others to tell me
      what works best. After including this patch, can we drop farsi.c?

      There should also be an update to the documentation, most users don't
      look at the source code to figure out what to do :-).

      - Bram

      --
      TIM: To the north there lies a cave, the cave of Caerbannog, wherein, carved
      in mystic runes, upon the very living rock, the last words of Olfin

    • Ameretat Reith
      Message 46 of 46 , Oct 12, 2014
        On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 08:11:34 +0330
        Ali Gholami Rudi <ali.gholami.rudi@...> wrote:

        > I tested it and it is working wonderfully. The only issue is
        > ZWNJ (unicode 0x200c) and ZWJ (unicode 0x200d); I wonder if
        > the letters before and after these characters can be shaped
        > properly...

        For ZWNJ, I did a tiny modification telling `arabic_shape` in one of
        it's invocations, to separate letters based on previously entered ZWNJ
        character. ZWJ could be treated similarly but I doubt with current
        provided letters which are limited to Arabic and Farsi, there could be a
        use case for ZWJ.

        You can apply `zwnj.0.patch` on a recent vim tarball or `zwnj.1.patch`
        on top of your patch.