Bug with indentation of C code, and } in comments

  • setog3@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
      I have some problems with indentation when there is some brace in
      comment like in the two examples where we get this indentation :

      int main(){
      //}
      int a=0;
      return a;
      }

      same with the code

      int main(){
      int a;
      //}
      a=0;
      return a;
      }

      If there is a closing brace in the comment, vim match it with the
      corresponding opening brace outside the comment region.
      I think that brace in comment must match only with brace in comment.

      --
      setog3

    • Patrick Texier
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
        Le Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:58:56 -0700 (PDT), setog3@... a écrit dans
        le message
        <ae30e740-7460-4a24-b7c4-54346fa7e06e@...> :

        > I have some problems with indentation when there is some brace in
        > comment like in the two examples where we get this indentation :

        It is a known bug:

        :help todo.txt
        :3027
        --
        Patrick Texier

      • Tony Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
          On 02/04/09 07:38, Patrick Texier wrote:

          > Le Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:58:56 -0700 (PDT), setog3@... a écrit dans
          > le message
          > <ae30e740-7460-4a24-b7c4-54346fa7e06e@...> :
          >
          >> I have some problems with indentation when there is some brace in
          >> comment like in the two examples where we get this indentation :
          >
          > It is a known bug:
          >
          > :help todo.txt
          > :3027

          Are you sure you have the latest version of todo.txt ? In the version
          dated 2009 Mar 21 that line corresponds to ":help 'autosave'".

          A general leading the State Department resembles a dragon commanding
          ducks.
          -- New York Times, Jan. 20, 1981

        • James Vega
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
            On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 10:07:59PM +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

            > On 02/04/09 07:38, Patrick Texier wrote:
            > >
            > > Le Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:58:56 -0700 (PDT), setog3@... a écrit dans
            > > le message
            > > <ae30e740-7460-4a24-b7c4-54346fa7e06e@...> :
            > >
            > >> I have some problems with indentation when there is some brace in
            > >> comment like in the two examples where we get this indentation :
            > >
            > > It is a known bug:
            > >
            > > :help todo.txt
            > > :3027
            >
            > Are you sure you have the latest version of todo.txt ? In the version
            > dated 2009 Mar 21 that line corresponds to ":help 'autosave'".

            It's line 3027 in the todo.txt that shipped with 7.2. It's line 3271 in
            the latest todo.txt on the ftp site.

            --
            James
          • Tony Mechelynck
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
              On 02/04/09 22:29, James Vega wrote:
              > On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 10:07:59PM +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
              >>
              >> On 02/04/09 07:38, Patrick Texier wrote:
              >>>
              >>> Le Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:58:56 -0700 (PDT), setog3@... a écrit dans
              >>> le message
              >>> <ae30e740-7460-4a24-b7c4-54346fa7e06e@...> :

              >>> It is a known bug:
              >>>
              >>> :help todo.txt
              >>> :3027
              >>
              >> Are you sure you have the latest version of todo.txt ? In the version
              >> dated 2009 Mar 21 that line corresponds to ":help 'autosave'".
              >
              > It's line 3027 in the todo.txt that shipped with 7.2. It's line 3271 in
              > the latest todo.txt on the ftp site.

              The todo.txt which shipped with 7.2.0 is now obsolete. If you haven't
              yet updated your runtime files since then, you should. If you have a
              version of rsync installed, you can use that (see at the bottom of
              http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm under "From
              time to time, even if there are no new patches") or else you can use
              ftp, or maybe some other concurrent-versions update system.

              ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to shut up.
              OLD WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?
              ARTHUR: I am your king!
              OLD WOMAN: Well, I didn't vote for you.
              PICTURES LTD