Re: Bug with Relative Numbering Patch

  • Markus Heidelberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2009
      Hello Nazri,

      Nazri Ramliy, 31.03.2009:
      > The relative numbers are not updated properly when a scrollbinded
      > window is scrolled down due to the cursor being moved down in another
      > scrollbinded window.

      I'm aware of it. That's because the global variable lnum becomes
      invalid, when the current cursor line moves out of the visible window.

      > On a side note, I think it would be useful if the relative numbers can
      > be displayed together with the line numbers, say using some sort of
      > separator between the two, or even using parentheses to differentiate
      > them, and the 'number' option could be modified to accept an argument,
      > for example:

      Maybe.
      I don't think I will work on it, since I very rarely use 'number' and
      can't imagine I'd like both displayed at the same time. But if someone
      wants this behaviour and implements it, I guess I would include it in
      the feat/rel-line-numbers branch of vim_extended.

      > :set number - current behavior
      > :set number=line - current behavior
      > :set number=relative - same as current's :set relativenumber
      >
      > :set number=line,relative
      > or
      > :set number=relative,line - show line numbers and relative line
      > numbers separated with a separator.

      I don't think using an option as both boolean and string option is
      possible at the moment, if even desired.

      Markus