21 new messages in 10 topics - abridged

  • vim_dev group
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2008
      vim_dev
      vim_dev@...

      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev?hl=en

      Today's most active topics:

      * Bug? Session loading may scroll up needlessly high - 4 new
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/23da78d749af144d?hl=en
      * New features to vote on and sponsoring - 4 new
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/fe451e87972ca513?hl=en
      * .nb files are Mathematica notebooks - 3 new
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/b308df62eb0ebcf2?hl=en
      * (possibly known) bug with visual block and search&replace - 2 new
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/358a57fca4ab1359?hl=en
      * Set mouse=a causes Vim to hang in screen. - 2 new
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/ad7eb8df8e2f5891?hl=en

      Active Topics
      -------------

      (possibly known) bug with visual block and search&replace - 2 new
      ...Argh, I totally missed that. Sorry for sending this mail in the first place
      :/ I could not find the actual rationale for this behaviour, though. Not that
      I am trying to argue it, I am just interested in why this is. Possible
      explanations would be 1) a good reason that has escaped me 2) a known caveat
      that is not urgent to handle as Dr Chip has a script, - Thurs, Jan 17 2008 2:
      20 am
      2 messages , 2 authors
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/358a57fca4ab1359?hl=en

      .nb files are Mathematica notebooks - 3 new
      ... You can define such a link easily yourself. See :h ftdetect ... I think so
      too. The extension seems rather unique though. - Thurs, Jan 17 2008 4:02 am
      3 messages , 3 authors
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/b308df62eb0ebcf2?hl=en

      Set mouse=a causes Vim to hang in screen. - 2 new
      ...What are your screen settings? Perhaps they have an influence? Richard -
      Thurs, Jan 17 2008 7:50 am
      2 messages , 2 authors
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/ad7eb8df8e2f5891?hl=en

      Patch 7.1.230 - 1 new
      ---------------------
      On Jan 15, 2008 11:17 PM, Charles E Campbell Jr ...Many of those were modified
      to make them more obscure, thus 'funnier'. One of them is that, in Germany,
      you are not allowed to start a car when someone is lying under it. The actual
      law says that you need to ensure that no one can be harmed by you operating
      the vehicle before you drive it. This includes lights, brakes - Thurs, Jan 17
      2008 7:55 am
      1 message, 1 author
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/c82b128319655a5d?hl=en

      Bug? Session loading may scroll up needlessly high - 4 new
      Session loading may scroll up needlessly high The cursor line is always
      scrolled to the top of the window (plus 'scrolloff' if set), regardless of
      whether there are additional lines (and how many of them) after it.
      Reproducible: Always Steps to reproduce: 1. Edit (or view) a file which is
      longer than the window size. - Thurs, Jan 17 2008 11:26 am
      4 messages , 2 authors
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/23da78d749af144d?hl=en

      New features to vote on and sponsoring - 4 new
      Dnia Thursday 17 of January 2008, Bram Moolenaar napisaƂ: ...I'd like to see
      something simpler(?): better command line completion of built-in commands. You
      can script user defined commands as you wish to perform all magic but
      completion of many built-in commands is really dumb. For example I am working
      lately with "Tab Separated Values". When I try - Thurs, Jan 17 2008 1:07 pm
      4 messages , 4 authors
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/fe451e87972ca513?hl=en

      compiler warning for Vim 7.1.230 - 1 new
      Compilation of Vim 7.1.230 on an Alpha processor with Gcc yielded: gui_motif.c:
      In function 'find_replace_dialog_create': gui_motif.c:3816: warning: cast to
      pointer from integer of different size Installation went fine. The warning may
      not be exclusively tied to Vim 7.1.230, I skipped a few versions before this
      one. - Thurs, Jan 17 2008 1:33 pm
      1 message, 1 author
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/027c7bd8ccbdadc6?hl=en

      Multiple windows and tabs on the same buffer - 1 new
      ...The OP's problem was not where the cursor was placed in the newly opened
      tab, but that the cursor moved in his already open tab. That is my experience
      also, and I'm sure it would be very annoying. The problem only occurs if you
      open the new tab page editing a file in your current tab page using a single
      command (e.g. :tabedit - Thurs, Jan 17 2008 12:54 pm
      1 message, 1 author
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/bcc1322000e50695?hl=en

      Weird font issue - 1 new
      ------------------------
      ...Jeff Lanzarotta, your quoting mechanism cripples the text portion of the
      message that you quoted. It said: "{char1} <BS> {char2} instead of ..." and
      now it reads "{char1} {char2} instead of ...". Adri - Thurs, Jan 17 2008 1:53
      pm
      1 message, 1 author
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/3ce197a06afbe370?hl=en

      Vim crashes when completing arguments to an user defined command in the
      cmdline window - 2 new
      ----------------------
      Hi all, I am observing that Vim crashes when trying to complete the arguments
      to an user defined command in the cmdline window. I see this with Vim 7.1.180.
      To reproduce this crash, use the following sample code: --------------------
      ArgLead, CmdLine, CursorPos) - Thurs, Jan 17 2008 9:46 pm
      2 messages , 2 authors
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/t/e0baede15ad4bf76?hl=en

      To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/subscribe?hl=en

      To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to abuse@...

      Google Groups: http://groups.google.com?hl=en