gtk file chooser side pane

  • Axel von Bertoldi
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2009
      Hello,

      Attached is a small and very preliminary patch for a file browser/chooser side pane for vim-gtk. The patch just adds a gtk file chooser widget on the left side of vim-gtk; when a file is selected, it is opened in a new tab. Its a preliminary patch and would require additional work which I'd be willing to do if there is interest in such a thing. Specifically,
      1. Because selected files are opened in a new tab, a [No Name] remains.
      2. The gtk file chooser widget is too large and takes up too much space. It would have to be replace with something smaller.
      3. The panes (file chooser and vim window) are (randomly?) resized when the first new tab is opened.
      If there is interest in such a thing and any chance at all of it being merged, I would address the above issues.

      Cheers,
      axel.