Patch 7.2.148

    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 18 11:07 AM
      Patch 7.2.148
      Problem: When searching for "$" while 'hlsearch' is set, highlighting the
      character after the line does not work in the cursor column.
      Also highlighting for Visual mode after the line end when this
      isn't needed. (Markus Heidelberg)
      Solution: Only compare the cursor column in the cursor line. Only highlight
      for Visual selection after the last character when it's needed to
      see where the Visual selection ends.
      Files: src/screen.c

      *** ../vim-7.2.147/src/screen.c Wed Mar 18 16:26:31 2009
      --- src/screen.c Wed Mar 18 17:24:56 2009
      ***************
      *** 2889,2896 ****
      }
      else
      tocol = MAXCOL;
      ! if (fromcol == tocol) /* do at least one character */
      ! tocol = fromcol + 1; /* happens when past end of line */
      area_highlighting = TRUE;
      attr = hl_attr(HLF_I);
      }
      --- 2889,2897 ----
      }
      else
      tocol = MAXCOL;
      ! /* do at least one character; happens when past end of line */
      ! if (fromcol == tocol)
      ! tocol = fromcol + 1;
      area_highlighting = TRUE;
      attr = hl_attr(HLF_I);
      }
      ***************
      *** 4118,4123 ****
      --- 4119,4125 ----
      # endif
      (col < W_WIDTH(wp)))
      && !(noinvcur
      + && lnum == wp->w_cursor.lnum
      && (colnr_T)vcol == wp->w_virtcol)))
      && lcs_eol_one >= 0)
      {
      ***************
      *** 4259,4265 ****
      * preedit_changed and commit. Thus Vim can't set "im_is_active", use
      * im_is_preediting() here. */
      if (xic != NULL
      ! && lnum == curwin->w_cursor.lnum
      && (State & INSERT)
      && !p_imdisable
      && im_is_preediting()
      --- 4261,4267 ----
      * preedit_changed and commit. Thus Vim can't set "im_is_active", use
      * im_is_preediting() here. */
      if (xic != NULL
      ! && lnum == wp->w_cursor.lnum
      && (State & INSERT)
      && !p_imdisable
      && im_is_preediting()
      ***************
      *** 4268,4274 ****
      colnr_T tcol;

      if (preedit_end_col == MAXCOL)
      ! getvcol(curwin, &(curwin->w_cursor), &tcol, NULL, NULL);
      else
      tcol = preedit_end_col;
      if ((long)preedit_start_col <= vcol && vcol < (long)tcol)
      --- 4270,4276 ----
      colnr_T tcol;

      if (preedit_end_col == MAXCOL)
      ! getvcol(curwin, &(wp->w_cursor), &tcol, NULL, NULL);
      else
      tcol = preedit_end_col;
      if ((long)preedit_start_col <= vcol && vcol < (long)tcol)
      ***************
      *** 4365,4371 ****
      }
      #endif
      if (lcs_eol == lcs_eol_one
      ! && ((area_attr != 0 && vcol == fromcol && c == NUL)
      #ifdef FEAT_SEARCH_EXTRA
      /* highlight 'hlsearch' match at end of line */
      || (prevcol_hl_flag == TRUE
      --- 4367,4379 ----
      }
      #endif
      if (lcs_eol == lcs_eol_one
      ! && ((area_attr != 0 && vcol == fromcol
      ! #ifdef FEAT_VISUAL
      ! && (VIsual_mode != Ctrl_V
      ! || lnum == VIsual.lnum
      ! || lnum == curwin->w_cursor.lnum)
      ! #endif
      ! && c == NUL)
      #ifdef FEAT_SEARCH_EXTRA
      /* highlight 'hlsearch' match at end of line */
      || (prevcol_hl_flag == TRUE
      ***************
      *** 4459,4465 ****
      if (c == NUL)
      {
      #ifdef FEAT_SYN_HL
      ! if (eol_hl_off > 0 && vcol - eol_hl_off == (long)wp->w_virtcol)
      {
      /* highlight last char after line */
      --col;
      --- 4467,4474 ----
      if (c == NUL)
      {
      #ifdef FEAT_SYN_HL
      ! if (eol_hl_off > 0 && vcol - eol_hl_off == (long)wp->w_virtcol
      ! && lnum == wp->w_cursor.lnum)
      {
      /* highlight last char after line */
      --col;
      *** ../vim-7.2.147/src/version.c Wed Mar 18 16:26:31 2009
      --- src/version.c Wed Mar 18 19:05:37 2009
      ***************
      *** 678,679 ****
      --- 678,681 ----
      { /* Add new patch number below this line */
      + /**/
      + 148,
      /**/

      239. You think "surfing" is something you do on dry land.

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 19 2:53 PM
        On 18/03/09 19:07, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Patch 7.2.148
        > Problem: When searching for "$" while 'hlsearch' is set, highlighting the
        > character after the line does not work in the cursor column.
        > Also highlighting for Visual mode after the line end when this
        > isn't needed. (Markus Heidelberg)
        > Solution: Only compare the cursor column in the cursor line. Only highlight
        > for Visual selection after the last character when it's needed to
        > see where the Visual selection ends.
        > Files: src/screen.c

        Bram, it's more than a day later and (unlike the foregoing ones) this
        patch hasn't yet made it to the FTP server. Happily your mail is in
        "8bit" Content-Transfer-Encoding so I can use that, but I suspect the
        MD* and README files in the patches/7.2 directory on the FTP server
        haven't been updated either.

        Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom:
        No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats --
        approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.

        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 20 4:33 AM
          Tony Mechelynck wrote:

          > On 18/03/09 19:07, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > >

          > > Patch 7.2.148
          > > Problem: When searching for "$" while 'hlsearch' is set, highlighting the
          > > character after the line does not work in the cursor column.
          > > Also highlighting for Visual mode after the line end when this
          > > isn't needed. (Markus Heidelberg)
          > > Solution: Only compare the cursor column in the cursor line. Only highlight
          > > for Visual selection after the last character when it's needed to
          > > see where the Visual selection ends.
          > > Files: src/screen.c
          >
          > Bram, it's more than a day later and (unlike the foregoing ones) this
          > patch hasn't yet made it to the FTP server. Happily your mail is in
          > "8bit" Content-Transfer-Encoding so I can use that, but I suspect the
          > MD* and README files in the patches/7.2 directory on the FTP server
          > haven't been updated either.

          I just forgot to do this. Thanks for the reminder.

          249. You've forgotten what the outside looks like.

        • Tony Mechelynck
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 20 6:42 AM
            On 19/03/09 22:53, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

            > On 18/03/09 19:07, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            >>

            >> Patch 7.2.148
            >> Problem: When searching for "$" while 'hlsearch' is set, highlighting the
            >> character after the line does not work in the cursor column.
            >> Also highlighting for Visual mode after the line end when this
            >> isn't needed. (Markus Heidelberg)
            >> Solution: Only compare the cursor column in the cursor line. Only highlight
            >> for Visual selection after the last character when it's needed to
            >> see where the Visual selection ends.
            >> Files: src/screen.c
            >
            > Bram, it's more than a day later and (unlike the foregoing ones) this
            > patch hasn't yet made it to the FTP server. Happily your mail is in
            > "8bit" Content-Transfer-Encoding so I can use that, but I suspect the
            > MD* and README files in the patches/7.2 directory on the FTP server
            > haven't been updated either.
            >
            > Best regards,
            > Tony.

            Bram has now uploaded the patch and the other files that go with it on
            the FTP server. Anyone interested can now go ahead and download them,
            either to compile Vim or to update secondary repositories if any. :-)

            Gerrold's Laws of Infernal Dynamics:
            (1) An object in motion will always be headed in the wrong
            direction.
            (2) An object at rest will always be in the wrong place.
            (3) The energy required to change either one of these states
            will always be more than you wish to expend, but never so
            much as to make the task totally impossible.

          • StarWing
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 20 12:55 PM
              On 3月20日, 下午9时42分, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
              wrote:
              > On 19/03/09 22:53, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
              >

              > > On 18/03/09 19:07, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
              >
              > >> Patch 7.2.148
              > >> Problem: When searching for "$" while 'hlsearch' is set, highlighting the
              > >> character after the line does not work in the cursor column.
              > >> Also highlighting for Visual mode after the line end when this
              > >> isn't needed. (Markus Heidelberg)
              > >> Solution: Only compare the cursor column in the cursor line. Only highlight
              > >> for Visual selection after the last character when it's needed to
              > >> see where the Visual selection ends.
              > >> Files: src/screen.c
              >
              > > Bram, it's more than a day later and (unlike the foregoing ones) this
              > > patch hasn't yet made it to the FTP server. Happily your mail is in
              > > "8bit" Content-Transfer-Encoding so I can use that, but I suspect the
              > > MD* and README files in the patches/7.2 directory on the FTP server
              > > haven't been updated either.
              >
              > > Best regards,
              > > Tony.
              >
              > Bram has now uploaded the patch and the other files that go with it on
              > the FTP server. Anyone interested can now go ahead and download them,
              > either to compile Vim or to update secondary repositories if any. :-)
              >
              > Best regards,
              > Tony.
              > --
              > Gerrold's Laws of Infernal Dynamics:
              > (1) An object in motion will always be headed in the wrong
              > direction.
              > (2) An object at rest will always be in the wrong place.
              > (3) The energy required to change either one of these states
              > will always be more than you wish to expend, but never so
              > much as to make the task totally impossible.

              copy the text in this thread will cause patch failed. because this
              text use space, but source code use tab.

              i had to manually get it work...

              so it's work now, i needn't download for another one :-(
            • Markus Heidelberg
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 20 1:18 PM
                StarWing, 20.03.2009:

                > On 3月20日, 下午9时42分, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
                > > Bram has now uploaded the patch and the other files that go with it on
                > > the FTP server. Anyone interested can now go ahead and download them,
                > > either to compile Vim or to update secondary repositories if any. :-)
                > >
                > copy the text in this thread will cause patch failed.

                Then save the whole email to a file.

                > because this
                > text use space, but source code use tab.

                No, because the mail client has displayed spaces where tabs have been.

                Markus

              • Charles Campbell
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 20 1:42 PM
                  Markus Heidelberg wrote:
                  > StarWing, 20.03.2009:
                  >
                  >> On 3月20日, 下午9时42分, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
                  >>
                  >>> Bram has now uploaded the patch and the other files that go with it on
                  >>> the FTP server. Anyone interested can now go ahead and download them,
                  >>> either to compile Vim or to update secondary repositories if any. :-)
                  >>>

                  >> copy the text in this thread will cause patch failed.
                  >>

                  > Then save the whole email to a file.

                  Just a bit more detail about this: use the "Save As" file capability to
                  save the patch email as a file; *don't* use the mouse to copy&paste.

                  >> because this
                  >> text use space, but source code use tab.
                  >>

                  > No, because the mail client has displayed spaces where tabs have been.

                  Exactly.

                  Regards,
                  Chip Campbell

                • StarWing
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 20 4:02 PM
                    On 3月21日, 上午4时42分, Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campb...@...>
                    wrote:
                    > Markus Heidelberg wrote:
                    > > StarWing, 20.03.2009:
                    >
                    > >> On 3月20日, 下午9时42分, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>

                    > >> copy the text in this thread will cause patch failed.
                    >
                    > > Then save the whole email to a file.
                    >
                    > Just a bit more detail about this: use the "Save As" file capability to
                    > save the patch email as a file; *don't* use the mouse to copy&paste.
                    >
                    > >> because this
                    > >> text use space, but source code use tab.
                    >
                    > > No, because the mail client has displayed spaces where tabs have been.
                    >
                    > Exactly.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Chip Campbell

                    ok, thanks a lot, next time i will try...

                    ---

                    i want to join in the develop of Vim! now i'm reading the source code,
                    feel very difficult, has some guide-line to source code? such as the
                    main flow, or the skeleton of the whole program?
                  • Tony Mechelynck
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 20 11:23 PM
                      On 21/03/09 00:02, StarWing wrote:
                      [...]
                      > i want to join in the develop of Vim! now i'm reading the source code,
                      > feel very difficult, has some guide-line to source code? such as the
                      > main flow, or the skeleton of the whole program?

                      There is ":help develop.txt" but that's probably less than you hoped
                      for. Better than nothing, though.

                      If you have Exuberant Ctags installed, you can run "make tags" in the
                      Vim source (using the top-level Makefile or the src/Makefile) to
                      generate a tags file, then use that in Vim to find any entry point in
                      the source.

                      If you want to study the Vim code top-down, it starts (like every C
                      program) at the main() procedure. ;-)

                      But in our enthusiasm, we could not resist a radical overhaul of the
                      system, in which all of its major weaknesses have been exposed,
                      analyzed, and replaced with new weaknesses.
                      -- Bruce Leverett, "Register Allocation in Optimizing
                      Compilers"

                    • Markus Heidelberg
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 21 3:11 AM
                        Tony Mechelynck, 21.03.2009:

                        > On 21/03/09 00:02, StarWing wrote:
                        > [...]
                        > > i want to join in the develop of Vim! now i'm reading the source code,
                        > > feel very difficult, has some guide-line to source code? such as the
                        > > main flow, or the skeleton of the whole program?
                        >
                        > There is ":help develop.txt" but that's probably less than you hoped
                        > for. Better than nothing, though.
                        >
                        > If you have Exuberant Ctags installed, you can run "make tags" in the
                        > Vim source (using the top-level Makefile or the src/Makefile) to
                        > generate a tags file, then use that in Vim to find any entry point in
                        > the source.
                        >
                        > If you want to study the Vim code top-down, it starts (like every C
                        > program) at the main() procedure. ;-)

                        Before looking into the code, src/README.txt gives a quick overview.

                        Markus

                      • Hisashi T Fujinaka
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 24 4:23 PM
                          I hate to ask dumb questions, but is there some reason this isn't in the
                          svn repository yet? Is my checkout hosed up somehow?

                          Thanks.

                          --
                          Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@...

                        • Tony Mechelynck
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 24 4:33 PM
                            On 25/03/09 00:23, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

                            > I hate to ask dumb questions, but is there some reason this isn't in the
                            > svn repository yet? Is my checkout hosed up somehow?
                            >
                            > Thanks.

                            The SVN repository may lag by up to a week. If this lag is unacceptable
                            to you, you may download the patch from
                            ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.148 or maybe from the CVS
                            repository.

                            If the lag goes significantly higher, maybe the SVN repository's
                            maintainer (who isn't Bram) will chime in.

                            CART DRIVER: Bring out your dead!
                            We follow the cart through a wretched, impoverished plague-ridden
                            village.
                            A few starved mongrels run about in the mud scavenging. In the open
                            doorway of one house perhaps we jug glimpse a pair of legs dangling from
                            the ceiling. In another doorway an OLD WOMAN is beating a cat against a
                            wall rather like one does with a mat. The cart passes round a dead
                            donkey
                            or cow in the mud. And a MAN tied to a cart is being hammered to
                            death by
                            four NUNS with huge mallets.
                            PICTURES LTD

                          • Hisashi T Fujinaka
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 24 4:56 PM
                              On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

                              > On 25/03/09 00:23, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
                              >>
                              >> I hate to ask dumb questions, but is there some reason this isn't in the
                              >> svn repository yet? Is my checkout hosed up somehow?
                              >>
                              >> Thanks.
                              >>

                              > The SVN repository may lag by up to a week. If this lag is unacceptable
                              > to you, you may download the patch from
                              > ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.148 or maybe from the CVS
                              > repository.
                              >
                              > If the lag goes significantly higher, maybe the SVN repository's
                              > maintainer (who isn't Bram) will chime in.

                              I think I switched from CVS to subversion when I noticed that the
                              runtime files were up-to-date in svn but not CVS. I use a script to port
                              vim to fink (for Mac OS X) and I was getting complaints.

                              Ah, well, there's probably an easier way but I don't know what it is.

                              --
                              Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@...

                            • Markus Heidelberg
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 24 5:06 PM
                                Hisashi T Fujinaka, 25.03.2009:
                                > I think I switched from CVS to subversion when I noticed that the
                                > runtime files were up-to-date in svn but not CVS.

                                Neither of them contains the latest runtime files.

                                > Ah, well, there's probably an easier way but I don't know what it is.

                                http://repo.or.cz/w/vim_extended.git

                                Markus

                              • Edward L. Fox
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 25 12:35 AM
                                  On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:33:25PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                                  > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > On 18/03/09 19:07, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                                  > > >

                                  > > > Patch 7.2.148
                                  > > > Problem: When searching for "$" while 'hlsearch' is set, highlighting the
                                  > > > character after the line does not work in the cursor column.
                                  > > > Also highlighting for Visual mode after the line end when this
                                  > > > isn't needed. (Markus Heidelberg)
                                  > > > Solution: Only compare the cursor column in the cursor line. Only highlight
                                  > > > for Visual selection after the last character when it's needed to
                                  > > > see where the Visual selection ends.
                                  > > > Files: src/screen.c
                                  > >
                                  > > Bram, it's more than a day later and (unlike the foregoing ones) this
                                  > > patch hasn't yet made it to the FTP server. Happily your mail is in
                                  > > "8bit" Content-Transfer-Encoding so I can use that, but I suspect the
                                  > > MD* and README files in the patches/7.2 directory on the FTP server
                                  > > haven't been updated either.
                                  >
                                  > I just forgot to do this. Thanks for the reminder.

                                  Bram, I can't access the FTP server. It told me that the directory
                                  containing Vim patches is not accessible. Please help fix that.
                                  Thanks!

                                  > --
                                  > 249. You've forgotten what the outside looks like.

                                  > \\\ download, build and distribute -- http://www.A-A-P.org ///

                                • Edward L. Fox
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 25 12:38 AM
                                    On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:33:51AM +0100, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

                                    > On 25/03/09 00:23, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > I hate to ask dumb questions, but is there some reason this isn't in the
                                    > > svn repository yet? Is my checkout hosed up somehow?
                                    > >
                                    > > Thanks.
                                    > >

                                    > The SVN repository may lag by up to a week. If this lag is unacceptable
                                    > to you, you may download the patch from
                                    > ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.148 or maybe from the CVS
                                    > repository.

                                    It may lag behind up to two days, but not quite probable to reach as
                                    high as one week. This time the patch 7.2.148 doesn't appear on time
                                    is because some problem of the upstream FTP site. Thanks for the
                                    reminder.

                                    > If the lag goes significantly higher, maybe the SVN repository's
                                    > maintainer (who isn't Bram) will chime in.
                                    >

                                    > Best regards,
                                    > Tony.
                                    > --
                                    > CART DRIVER: Bring out your dead!
                                    > We follow the cart through a wretched, impoverished plague-ridden
                                    > village.
                                    > A few starved mongrels run about in the mud scavenging. In the open
                                    > doorway of one house perhaps we jug glimpse a pair of legs dangling from
                                    > the ceiling. In another doorway an OLD WOMAN is beating a cat against a
                                    > wall rather like one does with a mat. The cart passes round a dead
                                    > donkey
                                    > or cow in the mud. And a MAN tied to a cart is being hammered to
                                    > death by
                                    > four NUNS with huge mallets.
                                    > "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY)
                                    > PICTURES LTD

                                  • Tony Mechelynck
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Mar 25 1:59 AM
                                      On 25/03/09 08:35, Edward L. Fox wrote:
                                      > On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:33:25PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                                      >>

                                      >> Tony Mechelynck wrote:

                                      >>> Bram, it's more than a day later and (unlike the foregoing ones) this
                                      >>> patch hasn't yet made it to the FTP server. Happily your mail is in
                                      >>> "8bit" Content-Transfer-Encoding so I can use that, but I suspect the
                                      >>> MD* and README files in the patches/7.2 directory on the FTP server
                                      >>> haven't been updated either.
                                      >>
                                      >> I just forgot to do this. Thanks for the reminder.
                                      >
                                      > Bram, I can't access the FTP server. It told me that the directory
                                      > containing Vim patches is not accessible. Please help fix that.
                                      > Thanks!

                                      Looks like the problem is similar to what happened before:

                                      ftp://ftp.vim.org/vol/2 (which is on the chain of softlinked directories
                                      to ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/) has drwx------ permissions, i.e., not
                                      even readable except by its owner (which happens to be user 0 i.e. root).

                                      Edward, I'm including the patch (as attachment, not inline), so you may
                                      use that if you like. I'm also attaching the corresponding MD* and
                                      README files which I downloaded while they were accessible.

                                      No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
                                      -- Eleanor Roosevelt

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Mar 25 3:45 AM
                                        Edward L. Fox wrote:

                                        > On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:33:25PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                                        > > Tony Mechelynck wrote:

                                        > > > Bram, it's more than a day later and (unlike the foregoing ones) this
                                        > > > patch hasn't yet made it to the FTP server. Happily your mail is in
                                        > > > "8bit" Content-Transfer-Encoding so I can use that, but I suspect the
                                        > > > MD* and README files in the patches/7.2 directory on the FTP server
                                        > > > haven't been updated either.
                                        > >
                                        > > I just forgot to do this. Thanks for the reminder.
                                        >
                                        > Bram, I can't access the FTP server. It told me that the directory
                                        > containing Vim patches is not accessible. Please help fix that.
                                        > Thanks!

                                        It appears there are intermittant problems with the server. When it
                                        happens, please note the exact time (with the time zone). I can forward
                                        this to the maintainer, he can have a look at the logs then.

                                        I an confirm there is a problem right now (11:39 CET). But five minutes
                                        later it's OK again.

                                        You can use one of the mirrors, check that it has patch 7.2.148.

                                        268. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee.

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Mar 25 7:33 AM
                                          On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 09:59:27AM +0100, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
                                          > On 25/03/09 08:35, Edward L. Fox wrote:
                                          > [...]
                                          >
                                          > Looks like the problem is similar to what happened before:
                                          >
                                          > ftp://ftp.vim.org/vol/2 (which is on the chain of softlinked directories
                                          > to ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/) has drwx------ permissions, i.e., not
                                          > even readable except by its owner (which happens to be user 0 i.e. root).

                                          Yes, I just got the "permission denied" error from the server side.

                                          > Edward, I'm including the patch (as attachment, not inline), so you may
                                          > use that if you like. I'm also attaching the corresponding MD* and
                                          > README files which I downloaded while they were accessible.

                                          I had already downloaded Bram's mail from the mailing list and patched
                                          it against my local repository. Anyway, thank you all the same.

                                          > Best regards,
                                          > Tony.
                                          > --
                                          > No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
                                          > -- Eleanor Roosevelt

                                        • Hisashi T Fujinaka
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Mar 25 8:11 AM
                                            On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Edward L. Fox wrote:

                                            > On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 09:59:27AM +0100, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
                                            >> On 25/03/09 08:35, Edward L. Fox wrote:
                                            >> [...]
                                            >>
                                            >> Looks like the problem is similar to what happened before:
                                            >>
                                            >> ftp://ftp.vim.org/vol/2 (which is on the chain of softlinked directories
                                            >> to ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/) has drwx------ permissions, i.e., not
                                            >> even readable except by its owner (which happens to be user 0 i.e. root).
                                            >
                                            > Yes, I just got the "permission denied" error from the server side.
                                            >
                                            >> Edward, I'm including the patch (as attachment, not inline), so you may
                                            >> use that if you like. I'm also attaching the corresponding MD* and
                                            >> README files which I downloaded while they were accessible.
                                            >
                                            > I had already downloaded Bram's mail from the mailing list and patched
                                            > it against my local repository. Anyway, thank you all the same.

                                            And as an SVN user, thank YOU!

                                            --
                                            Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@...