Request For VIM Enhancement in syntax to support systemverilog

  • vignesh
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2009

      Hi,

      Most of the EDA and VLSI people are using VIM editor and there is syntax support for Verilog Language.

      The SystemVerilog is a new language (extension of Verilog  and IEEE Compliant) which has more keywords than Verilog  and extensions are “.sv”  , “.svh” .

      Now a days most of the VLSI people are working on this new language.

      Systemverilog.vim  is available  for download but it is not  coming with VIM release. User need to download and make changes in “filetype.vim“ file.  If VIM support for this new language with the upcoming release, it will be great help full for the people who works  with the language

      Thanks,

      Vignesh.M

      Member Technical Staff – VLSI

      Kacper Technologies (P) Ltd.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2009
        Vignesh Manoharan wrote:

        > Most of the EDA and VLSI people are using VIM editor and there is syntax
        > support for Verilog Language.
        >
        > The SystemVerilog is a new language (extension of Verilog and IEEE
        > Compliant) which has more keywords than Verilog and extensions are ".sv" ,
        > ".svh" .
        >
        > Now a days most of the VLSI people are working on this new language.
        >

        > Systemverilog.vim is available for download but it is not coming
        > with VIM release. User need to download and make changes in
        > "filetype.vim" file. If VIM support for this new language with the
        > upcoming release, it will be great help full for the people who works
        > with the language

        To get the syntax file included in the distribution the author has to
        send it to me. That way we know the author is OK with redistribution.
        And I'll check for any problems and ask him to fix them.

        So find out who the author is and ask him to submit the file to me for
        inclusion in the Vim distribution.

        204. You're being audited because you mailed your tax return to the IRC.