Re: PATCH: dynamically load Python on Solaris

  • björn
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 3, 2009
      2009/2/22 Danek Duvall:

      > On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 07:04:08PM +0100, bj�rn wrote:
      >
      >> Well, this is turning out to be quite complicated.  After quite a bit
      >> of searching I found that passing
      >>
      >> -dynamic -undefined suppress -flat_namespace
      >>
      >> when linking if_python.so gets rid of all those error messages.  So
      >> the relevant lines inside Makefile should say something like:
      >
      > Hm.  Try perhaps -dynamiclib instead of -dynamic?  You could also see how
      > the Python dynamic modules are compiled, since they're likely loaded by the
      > Python interpreter the same way we're loading this module in vim.

      After lots of fiddling it turns out it may be as simple as swapping
      -dynamic for -bundle (so your suggestion was good).

      At any rate, I've got the simple ":py print 'hi'" test working now but
      I made a few other changes along the way so I'm not sure that was the
      only necessary change. Hold on...yes, if I swap back to -dynamic I
      get "Bus Error" again so -bundle is what is needed. The other two
      flags are necessary to avoid masses of linking errors.

      I'm looking forward to a patch with dynamic loading of the most recent
      Python version! I know that a lot of MacVim users will appreciate
      this feature.

      Björn