[patches] fixed low priority issues: mostly pointers not freed when using EXITFREE

  • Dominique Pelle
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2009
      Attached are a couple of low priority patches.

      In netbeans.c, there are 2 format mismatches (%d instead of %ld):

      - fixed-format-netbeans.c.patch

      In nbdebug.c, I see 2 functions [nbtrace() & nbprt()] which are
      defined but which are never called from anywhere (are they needed?):

      - fixed-deadcode-nbdebug.c.patch

      When compiled with -DEXITFREE, Vim is meant to free all blocks
      before exiting. Following patches frees a few memory blocks which
      were not being freed before exiting. Freeing them helps to remove
      false alerts when trying to search for real memory leaks.

      - fixed-exitfree-search.c.patch
      Fixes memory not freed when doing:
      :rightleft
      :/foobar
      :q!

      - fixed-exitfree-tag.c.patch
      Fixes memory not freed when doing:
      :pts foo
      :q!

      - fixed-exitfree-misc2.c.patch
      Fixes memory not free when doing
      :set keymap=esperanto " or any other keymap...
      :q!

      - fixed-exitfree-ex_docmd.c.patch

      - fixed-exitfree-gui_gtk_x11.c.patch

      Regards
      -- Dominique

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2009
        Dominique Pelle wrote:

        > Attached are a couple of low priority patches.
        >
        > In netbeans.c, there are 2 format mismatches (%d instead of %ld):
        >
        > - fixed-format-netbeans.c.patch
        >
        > In nbdebug.c, I see 2 functions [nbtrace() & nbprt()] which are
        > defined but which are never called from anywhere (are they needed?):
        >
        > - fixed-deadcode-nbdebug.c.patch
        >
        > When compiled with -DEXITFREE, Vim is meant to free all blocks
        > before exiting. Following patches frees a few memory blocks which
        > were not being freed before exiting. Freeing them helps to remove
        > false alerts when trying to search for real memory leaks.
        >
        > - fixed-exitfree-search.c.patch
        > Fixes memory not freed when doing:
        > :rightleft
        > :/foobar
        > :q!
        >
        > - fixed-exitfree-tag.c.patch
        > Fixes memory not freed when doing:
        > :pts foo
        > :q!
        >
        > - fixed-exitfree-misc2.c.patch
        > Fixes memory not free when doing
        > :set keymap=esperanto " or any other keymap...
        > :q!
        >
        > - fixed-exitfree-ex_docmd.c.patch
        >
        > - fixed-exitfree-gui_gtk_x11.c.patch

        Thanks, I'll put them in the todo list.

        --
        Creating the world with Emacs: M-x let-there-be-light
        Creating the world with Vim: :make world