PATCH: Command line completion: Expand find and sfind

  • Nazri Ramliy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
      Hello all,

      This is the follow up to my implementation[1] of command line
      completion for :find and :sfind.

      Attached is the improved patch, now against r1341 from svn.

      It now handles paths with * and **, e.g: set path=~/src/vim/*,/usr/include/**

      It partially handles the path-extra combinations, i.e., it works with
      the first method (downward search) and second method (upward search)
      but not with the third method (combined up/downward search) as
      mentioned in :help file-searching.

      The only caveat (that I'm aware of):

      If there are more than one files with the same name in the paths, the
      :find command will always go to the first one in the wildmenu list,
      even if we selected the second or third. The solution for this is to
      manually prepend the number at the beginning of the :find command to
      get to the corresponding match, e.g.: :3find file.txt will find and
      open the third match of the file file.txt found in the paths.

      When I got the time (and brain power :) later on I'll try to find out
      how to automagically prepend the appropriate number according to the
      selected entry in the list of possible completion result (going
      forward on the list with the same file name increases the count, going
      backward decreases the count, and reset the count when the
      previous/next file name is different from the current one).

      nazri.

      [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.vim.devel/22520

    • Nazri Ramliy
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
        On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Nazri Ramliy <ayiehere@...> wrote:
        > Attached is the improved patch, now against r1341 from svn.

        Hah! I caught myself again.

        That patch contains inappropriate leftovers (and stray fflush ;) from
        my dabbling with the vim_extended repository. I'm blaming it to the
        wee hours.

        Please use this cleaned-up patch instead.

        Apologies,

        nazri.