Re: Test 58 failure on solaris (64bit)

  • Dominique Pelle
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 28, 2009
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      >> =>[1] hash_init(0x100313ac4, 0x3b0, 0x1003139fc, 0x440, 0x90,
      >> 0x100313aec), at 0x1000bbd00
      >
      > hash_init() only has one argument, I wonder what the numbers mean.

      I think that's because the debugger did not know how
      many arguments the function has (because Vim was
      compiled without debug option), so debugger just prints
      first n registers that the ABI uses to for passing arguments.
      0x100313ac4 was the unique relevant parameter here.

      I see that debugger output when compiled with debug
      is a lot better:

      > [9] hash_init(ht = 0x10044a7a4), line 72 in "hashtab.c"

      Cheers
      -- Dominique

    • harpchad
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 28, 2009
        With patch all test now complete successfully on sparcv9 as well.

        Thanks for the quick patch :)