Tabline not refreshed when using :saveas

  • Fran├žois Ingelrest
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2008
      Hi all,

      When I do the following:
      1. vim -u NONE -U NONE foo.c
      2. :tabnew
      3. :tabprev
      4. :saveas bar.c

      The tabline is not refreshed, and the current tab is still named
      foo.c. Switching to the other tab correctly refreshed the first tab,
      which is then renamed bar.c (as expected).

      This is with Vim 7.2.30 on Ubuntu 8.10.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2008
        Francois Ingelrest wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > When I do the following:
        > 1. vim -u NONE -U NONE foo.c
        > 2. :tabnew
        > 3. :tabprev
        > 4. :saveas bar.c
        >
        > The tabline is not refreshed, and the current tab is still named
        > foo.c. Switching to the other tab correctly refreshed the first tab,
        > which is then renamed bar.c (as expected).
        >
        > This is with Vim 7.2.30 on Ubuntu 8.10.

        One more for the todo list...

        237. You tattoo your email address on your forehead.

      • Fran├žois Ingelrest
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1 1:35 AM
          Hi,

          On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 13:08, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > Francois Ingelrest wrote:
          >
          >> Hi all,
          >>
          >> When I do the following:
          >> 1. vim -u NONE -U NONE foo.c
          >> 2. :tabnew
          >> 3. :tabprev
          >> 4. :saveas bar.c
          >>
          >> The tabline is not refreshed, and the current tab is still named
          >> foo.c. Switching to the other tab correctly refreshed the first tab,
          >> which is then renamed bar.c (as expected).
          >>
          >> This is with Vim 7.2.30 on Ubuntu 8.10.
          >
          > One more for the todo list...

          Here's a patch that hopefully fixes this bug.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1 5:44 AM
            Francois Ingelrest wrote:

            > >> Hi all,
            > >>
            > >> When I do the following:
            > >> 1. vim -u NONE -U NONE foo.c
            > >> 2. :tabnew
            > >> 3. :tabprev
            > >> 4. :saveas bar.c
            > >>
            > >> The tabline is not refreshed, and the current tab is still named
            > >> foo.c. Switching to the other tab correctly refreshed the first tab,
            > >> which is then renamed bar.c (as expected).
            > >>
            > >> This is with Vim 7.2.30 on Ubuntu 8.10.
            > >
            > > One more for the todo list...
            >
            > Here's a patch that hopefully fixes this bug.

            Thanks. I'll have a closer look later.

            37. You start looking for hot HTML addresses in public restrooms.