Can we still edit the patches list on google groups?

  • Richard Hartmann
    Message 1 of 44 , Nov 6, 2008
      Hi all,

      while searching for something unrelated, I stumbled over Matt's color
      patch [1], again. It's the patch he wrote for better color support on
      the CLI.
      I tried adding it to the vim google groups site [2], but failed to locate
      any edit button. Can we still edit on this site? I am logged into GMail
      with the browser I am using and the GMail address is susbscribed, so
      that should not be a problem.

      Also, I saw that Markus' git repo [3] does not incorporate all patches
      listed on said site. Perhaps he could add those, as well?
      Markus, I also wondered if a head that merges all patch branches would
      make sense. It would be a single place to check if all the patches play
      along nicely.

      Richard

      [1] http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/msg/01b3def9b96e9457
      [2] http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/web/vim-patches?pli=1
      [3] http://repo.or.cz/w/vim_extended.git

    • Markus Heidelberg
      Message 44 of 44 , Nov 19, 2008
        Richard Hartmann, 18.11.2008:

        > On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 08:38, Markus Heidelberg
        > <markus.heidelberg@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Ben Schmidt, 17.11.2008:
        >
        > >> I gave up on SVN ages ago--I would have loved to use it, but it's just
        > >> too messy. Now I apply patches. Below is the script I use to do it with
        > >> Mercurial, which may serve as a starting point for doing the same with
        > >> Git (or whatever); do what you like with it.
        > >
        > > Thanks. Apparently there are several unhappinesses with the official repo. I
        > > still have to decide whether to go this way, but it really seems so. Let's see
        > > when I have time during this week to get started.
        >
        > I seem to remember encoding issues with the patch emails that did
        > not occur in the svn repo. Just something to keep in mind.

        What are the results? Does applying the patch fail? I can remember
        occasional problems, what was this exactly? Any example patches that
        caused problems?

        Markus